Nonchalant Bon Vivant
Comments are encouraged; keep it civil, mind your manners; please read our before posting. Comments software by Hyvor; sign up to post with a user name, or post as a Guest anonymously.
My Favorite Albums of 2020:
Friday, January 1, 2021 2:46 PM
(in no particular order)
- Bobbie Gentry - The Delta Sweete; reissue of the 1968 Country-Folk-Pop concept LP
- Various Artists - Girls Go Power Pop; see review here
- Unusual Sons - What We Leave Behind ; Concept Album about mental health.
- Haim - Women Of Music, pt. III
- Molly Tuttle - …but I’d Rather Be With You
- Bob Dylan - Rough & Rowdy Ways; Dylan’s singing voice may be worn and weary, but his voice, through which his lyrics speak, is as fine as ever. If Murder Most Foul was the only track on the album, it would still make this list.
- Various Artists - Strum & Thrum, the American Jangle Pop Underground, 1983-87; after New Wave, but before Indie Rock, there was a batch of bands who were kindred souls with groups like the dB’s and early R.E.M. Rickenbackers abound on this collection, which is just fine by me.
- Larry Silveira/LJ’s All Star Revue - I Have Something To Say ; Heartfelt Jazz, Rock, Latin, Folk, and even a country song for kids!
- Various Artists - The Land Of Sensations & Delights; 1965-70 psych-pop compilation of no-hit wonders from the White Whale label, best known for being the home of The Turtles.
- The Beths - Jump Rope Gazers. Earnest, aching, thumping Power Pop from New Zealand.